Welcome back to another exciting year at the Lake! Along with reading syllabi and filling out forms, I want you to add joining the Wilde Lake High School PTSA (Parent, Teacher, and Student Association) to your family’s “first-week-back” to-do list.
When you join the PTSA, you ensure that…
- Parents, students, and teachers have a strong voice in advising the school administration on policies and procedures;
- Parents are supported in their children’s growth and development (our kids need us now as much as ever);
- Our community is fostering our youth’s role as current and future citizens;
- Our teachers and staff are supported in the important work they do; and
Students have safe choices for socializing and celebrating life’s milestones (like the Spring Prom).
As a parent, teacher, student, or community member you are the key to the PTSA’s success! Joining the PTSA is two easy steps.
- Start by filling out the WLHS Membership Form 2016-17 and sending it back to school with payment.
- You can send it into the school office with your student.
- You can return it via U.S. mail to WLHS PTSA, c/o Wilde Lake HS, 5460 Trumpeter Road, Columbia, MD 21044.
- You can also make enter membership information and make your payment on-line at square (a modest service charge will apply to this option).
- Then come to our Back-to-PTSA Organizational Meeting, 7-8:30pm Tuesday, September 20, at the school. We need lots of helpers to make our year a success, and many hands (and hearts) make for light work (and lots of fun!).
Thank you for considering joining PTSA this year. I look forward to your creativity and support. Don’t delay…join the WLHS PTSA today!
If for some reason you can’t come on September 20, send us an email at email@example.com, and we’ll have someone contact you about ways you can help.
John Hannay, President
Wilde Lake High School PTSA